Euclid Lodge 50th Anniversary Coin: 1936
Euclid Lodge No. 573 75th Anniversary Dinner with Grand Secretary as Guest Speaker.
Euclid Lodge No. 573 Members who served in WWII.
Euclid Lodge No. 573 Past Masters, 1945 in the Parlor of the Terre Haute Masonic Temple.
1958 Officers of Euclid Lodge No. 573
Euclid Lodge No. 573, was a Masonic Lodge chartered under the Grand Lodge of Indiana, Free and Accepted Masons in Terre Haute, Indiana. Euclid Lodge was Chartered on May 25, 1886 and operated until it's merger with Terre Haute Lodge No. 19 in 2005. Euclid Lodge was one of the four Masonic 'Blue Lodges' that was an original shareholder in the Terre Haute Masonic Temple.
“On June 25, 1885 twenty two Master Masons petitioned the Grand Lodge for a dispensation to form and operate a new lodge named ‘Euclid’ in Terre Haute until a charter could be granted. On September 21, 1885, after favorable recommendation by the three them existing Terre Haute Lodges the petition was granted. Signers of this petition were: Thaddeus S. Moore (Moore-Langen), Samuel Prevo (of Marshall, Illinois), Julius F. Roedel (wholesale grocer at First and Ohio), John R. Coffin (contractor), Reuben Burney, Winfield B. Brick, Charles E. Temple (father of Temple Laundry owners), Horace M. Kearns, Charles H. Goodwin (local printer), James Wisely (another printer), Ellis E. South (Big Four Railroad), Julius Brittlebank, Ambrose W. Smith, George Libbert, William E. Burk, James Torrence, George Flood (who lived at Fourth and Washington), Wm. Gaul, Orville E. Raidy (railroader slated to be the third Master of the Lodge but was transferred away from here and didn’t become Master until 1911), Henry Orril, Samuel E. Armstrong and Walter S. Pierce. Acting officers were: J. E. Roedel, worshipful master; Orville E. Raidy, senior warden.”
“On May 25, 1886, the Grand Lodge granted a Charter to Euclid Lodge No. 573. The charter membership totaled 35, an increase of 13 over the petition. Under the charter the first officers of the lodge were the three named above and Julius Brittlebank, treasurer; James Wisely, secretary”
Euclid Lodge Celebrates 75th Anniversary
By Dorthy J. Clark
Terre Haute Tribune
Sunday, May 21, 1961
For a list of Past Masters of Euclid Lodge No. 573 please visit the Past Masters Page.
Euclid Lodge 21st Anniversary Coin: 1907
Euclid Lodge 100th Anniversary Coin: 1986
Grand Lodge of Indiana
Euclid Lodge 75th Anniversary Coin: 1961
Terre Haute Lodge, No. 19 © 2016
All Rights Reserved
29 June 2016